Fall Unity internship Description
Seeking a Unity and 3D modeling intern to join the Early-Adopter team this summer. The internship would involve working with our senior Unity developer and product team to develop VR and AR prototypes for platforms like Oculus Quest and Google Daydream. This is an equity compensated internship, part-time for 3 months. A prospective intern will have exposure to market deployment processes of VR and AR products, mentorship under several senior VR developers, and opportunity to hone their AR and VR skills with a growing immersive technology company.
Early-Adopter is an immersive education company with a focus on AR and VR. We’re part of the The Glimpse Group, which is comprised of multiple AR and VR software and services companies in a variety of sectors including health, training, sports and marketing. The Glimpse Group is an exciting place to be, with exposure to cutting-edge immersive technologies and excellent opportunities to learn and connect with AR/VR industry leaders.
We’re looking for a self-motivated candidate with a passion for modern, efficient code . The ideal candidate should be able to provide a portfolio of previous work illustrating an eye for design and clean and functional code.
- Build AR/VR experiences in Unity
- Work in an Agile process to produce code that is structured, well tested, and well documented.
- Research and explore new technologies.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers, giving and taking feedback.
- Be flexible and willing to learn both independently and with other team members.
- Demonstrate new technologies and experiences for others across the company
- Some experience developing VR and/or AR applications
- Knowledge of Unity
- Experience preferred developing apps using ARKit/ARCore in Unity, graphics software using GLSL/HLSL
- Strong communication, social, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working on or with a team of developers.
- Experience setting up and using popular VR equipment such as Vive and Oculus on Windows PCs.
- Some exposure to mobile development in Android, iOS, or other mobile environments.
- Some web development experience
- Computer Science or related major in progress or received.
- 3D math skills preferred.